Ultimate Performance Chiro & Rehab Teaches You How to Avoid Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain interferes with everything you do. Pain in your lower back makes it difficult to work, to play and even to sleep. Our chiropractors, Dr. Kyle Daigle and Dr. Brett Gschwend use natural methods to eliminate and prevent lower back pain and we want to share a few tips with you. Chiropractic care diagnoses your lower back pain to determine the source and then we use our gentle services to eliminate the reasons for your lower back pain. For instance, if your pain is caused by sciatica, our chiropractors manipulate the spine to remove the pressure off the sciatic nerve. We also teach you lifestyle changes which show you how to avoid lower back pain on a daily basis.
Eliminate Lower Back Pain Naturally
Once your spine is in a natural alignment, you want to maintain this healthy posture. The team at Ultimate Performance Chiro & Rehab show you a variety of ways to support a pain-free lower back throughout the day. Some of our instruction includes:
- Exercise- our chiropractors teach you exercises that strengthen your core to support proper posture. We also show you flexibility exercises to stretch your lower back and legs to eliminate unnecessary stress on your lower back. A helpful stretch is to lie face up and pull your knees toward your chest. Hold onto the backs of your legs to eliminate strain on your knees and rest comfortably in this stretch for 15 to 30 seconds. You can even perform this stretch in bed first thing in the morning or before you go to sleep at night.
- Sleep- a change in your sleeping habits also helps to eliminate lower back pain. For instance, our chiropractors may recommend a particular pillow to protect your spinal alignment and prevent you from sleeping on your stomach which can aggravate lower back pain.
- Sitting- if your work requires extended sitting hours, we show you the importance of taking hourly breaks to stretch your spine and possibly change the type of chair you are using.
- Shoes- the type of footwear you use may also affect your lower back pain. We encourage shoes that provide strong support and keep your feet, ankles, knees, and hips in alignment to reduce lower back strain.
- Overuse- sometimes, lower back pain is the result of doing too much. If your muscles are strained from lifting heavy weights or from repetitive movements at work, we show you ways to support a pain-free lower back.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Lake Charles Today!
Our chiropractor in Lake Charles and staff want you to enjoy pain-free living. If your lower back pain comes and goes, our chiropractic care eliminates your episodes and our lifestyle changes make dramatic improvements in the amount and frequency of your pain. Lower back pain is effectively treated and reduced with chiropractic care so do not wait to call us at 337-421-0010.