Your Source for Back Pain Management in Lake Charles
Back pain affects people all over the world. At Ultimate Performance Chiro & Rehab in Lake Charles, we believe that many back pain symptoms can be treated naturally and holistically, without the use of invasive procedures and addictive pain medications. Knowing what causes back pain and how it can be treated can help you improve your quality of life.
Frequent Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can happen for a variety of reasons. Below are some of the most common causes of back pain:
- Auto accident injury. Auto accidents are frequently a cause of the condition known as whiplash, which affects the back, neck and shoulders.
- Sports injury. Sports injuries caused by poor technique and trauma during competitions can result in chronic back pain.
- Poor posture. Poor posture puts strain on the spine, which can result in back, neck, and shoulder pain. If not corrected, poor posture can get worse with time, as can the pain that results.
- Poor lifting technique. People who make their living by lifting heavy objects and performing manual labor often suffer from low back pain and mid back pain, especially if they don't perform lifts correctly.
- Sciatica. Sciatica is a condition that causes the sciatic nerve to become pinched in the lower lumbar region of the spine. Sciatica causes pain to radiate outward from the lower back.
Natural Chiropractic Treatments for Back Pain
At Ultimate Performance Chiro & Rehab in Lake Charles, we use a variety of chiropractic techniques to treat back pain, including:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is accomplished by manipulating injured areas of the spine. Spinal adjustment is often performed manually by the chiropractor, although some techniques may make use of certain tools to finish the job. Also known as spinal manipulation, this technique is one of the most effective methods that chiropractors use to treat back pain. Chiropractic manipulation realigns the vertebrae of the spine, which reduces pressure on the joints and eliminates subluxations.
- Kinesiology. We utilize various reflex points on the body to help assist in improving muscle function with whole body vibration, laser therapy, and TENS. This technique has been very effective with chronic low back pain, headaches, and neuropathy.
- Lifestyle advice. Many back aches occur because of choices that patients make throughout the day. We help patients by teaching them how to make small behavioral changes that prevent further injury and alleviate pressure on the spine.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach our patients to perform stretches and exercises that strengthen the muscles in the back and help keep the spine in alignment. Stretches and exercises can also help the patient control weight gain, which can further reduce stress on the back.
All our treatments are non-invasive and require no recovery time, which means that you can be treated for your back pain while continuing to live your normal, everyday life. If you're suffering from back pain in Lake Charles, call (337) 421-0010 for back pain care. At your first appointment, we'll diagnose your condition and establish a treatment plan.