Sports Injury Treatment with Chiropractic Care with our Lake Charles Chiropractor
If you regularly engage in any sort of physical activity, you may want to connect with a sports injury doctor in Lake Charles LA here at Ultimate Performance. Our team is all about resolving symptoms and causes of dysfunction so our patients can get back to doing what they love.
Common Sports injuries Seen by Our Lake Charles Chiropractors
Various parts of the body can get hurt during a sport, whether it's out on a playing field or in your favorite corner of the gym. Our Lake Charles chiropractors work with individuals to recover from various injuries:
- Rotator cuff strains and tears
- Labrum and ligament tears and ruptures
- Whiplash, concussion, and post-concussive syndrome
- Biceps, patellar, or Achilles tendonitis
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome aka runner's knee
- Medial epicondylitis aka golfer's elbow
- Lateral epicondylitis aka tennis elbow
- Bursitis at the shoulder, hip, or knee
- Joint dislocations or subluxations
- Nerve impingement (sciatica, cervical radiculopathy, or peripheral nerve entrapments like median, ulnar, and peroneal nerves)
- Medial tibial stress syndrome aka shin splints
- Plantar fasciitis
- Generalized joint and muscle aches and pains
These injuries can present themselves in a wide variety of ways, and can easily devolve into chronic issues if left unaddressed or simply masked by pain medication. Areas of past injury can also be relatively weak when healed, further increasing a person's risk for re-injury or new injuries elsewhere in the chain.
Why Sports Injuries and Chiropractic Care Go Hand in Hand
Sports injuries respond exceptionally well to chiropractic care? Why?
- Our services are drug-free and non-invasive, so you have minimal downtime and no worries about accidentally testing positive for banned substances.
- Our skilled chiropractors look at the whole patient to identify the root causes of an injury—nutrition, training and recovery habits, sleep, posture and spinal alignment, muscle imbalances, movement mechanics, etc.—in order to facilitate symptomatic resolution, prevent recurring problems, and even increase a person's ability to participate and excel in their desired sport.
- We offer techniques such as spinal adjustments, corrective exercises, laser therapy, whole body vibration, and massage to facilitate healing at both the cellular and tissue level, reduce your pain, and improve your mobility, strength, stamina, neuromuscular efficiency, and power.
Schedule an Appointment with our Chiropractor in Lake Charles Today
Our sports injury doctors in Lake Charles LA, Dr. Kyle Daigle, and Dr. Brett Gschwend have experience working with amateur, Olympic, and professional athletes in addition to youth and senior athletes, as well.
If you're struggling with a sidelining injury—or better yet, hoping to avoid one—give us a call at Ultimate Performance Chiro and Rehab at (337) 421-0010 .