Work Injuries With Ultimate Performance Chiro and Rehab In Lake Charles, LA
A work injury can occur in any type of job, including people with desk jobs and people who are frequently on their feet, lifting heavy objects, operating heavy machinery, and so on. Our chiropractic team at Ultimate Performance Chiro and Rehab meet thousands of Lake Charles residents every year looking for natural work injury treatment.
Examples of Work Injury
Common work injuries we see include:
- Plantar fasciitis: heel pain caused by inflammation on the underside of the foot
- Back pain: often due to prolonged sitting, back pain can come from muscle spasms, joint misalignments, disc injuries, and osteoarthritis (chronic joint inflammation and cartilage breakdown)
- Neck pain: can occur due to excessive cervical flexion (tech neck) or rapid flexion and extension of the neck due to an acute injury like a slip and fall or auto accident (whiplash)
- Sciatica: this is severe buttock and leg pain, numbness, and weakness due to sciatic nerve compression in the lumbar spine (a herniated disc or bulging disc is often the cause)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: compression of the median nerve in the wrist, causing numbness and tingling in some of the fingers (common in desk workers who type with bent wrists)
- Muscle strains: we see muscle fiber strains and tears in the rotator cuff and other areas due to overuse, repetitive movement, heavy lifting, and so on
Work Injury Treatment With Our Lake Charles Chiropractor Staff
Our entire Lake Charles chiropractor team uses physical exam tests, personal history, and X-ray imaging to confirm your condition and identify contributing factors, many of which may be "hidden" or unknown to you. After our diagnosis has been made, we'll employ a variety of treatment services, including:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: great for whole body health, adjustments release nervous system-mediated hormones that relieve pain; adjustments also realign your spine and reduce tension in the connective tissues
- Corrective Exercises: core strengthening exercises are essential, and we also prescribe movements to improve flexibility and accelerate tissue healing
- Nutritional and Lifestyle Counseling: learn how to eat, sleep, manage stress, exercise, breath, quit smoking, and more in a healthier way
We also want to know about your specific work duties and job roles to help us figure out how we can set up your ergonomics better and teach you safer ways to move on the job.
Struggling With Work Injury? Work With a Chiropractor in Lake Charles LA Today!
Contact Ultimate Performance Chiro and Rehab at 337-421-0010 to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor in Lake Charles and discover how holistic care can improve job satisfaction and productivity